Peak power has been confirmed at 477kW (@6,400 rpm) while maximum torque is 881Nm (@ 3,600 rpm)
HSV today confirmed maximum power and torque figures for its recently revealed Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 super-car.
The company recently received full certification for its ZL1 range which will comprise both automatic and manual transmission variants.
Peak power has been confirmed at 477kW (@6,400 rpm) while maximum torque is 881Nm (@ 3,600 rpm).
Said HSV’s Managing Director, Tim Jackson, upon confirmation of these outputs, “As a brand synonymous with higher performance, these numbers are sure to inspire GM, HSV and performance enthusiasts alike. It truly is an exceptional vehicle and all at HSV are excited that production has finally begun”, he said.
HSV is re-engineering the legendary Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 for Australia and New Zealand markets; the first manufacturer to do so with full volume compliance.
The ZL1 challenges the most advanced sports coupes in the world with unprecedented levels of technology, refinement, track capability and straight-line acceleration, with feature highlights including:
- 6.2L LT4 supercharged V8 with Direct Injection and Variable Valve Timing
- 6-speed manual transmission with Active Rev. Matching and Launch Control functionality or a 10-speed paddle-shift automatic transmission with Custom Launch Control, Line-Lock and lift-foot gear hold technology
- Magnetic Ride Control dampers
- Electronically controlled Limited Slip Differential
- Brembo performance brakes with 6-piston monobloc front calipers and 390mm two-piece front rotors
- Bi-modal performance exhaust system
- 20” 10 split-spoke forged alloy wheels
- Recaro performance seats
- Sueded flat-bottom sports profile steering wheel and gear shifter
- Sport alloy pedals
Recommended Retail Pricing of HSV’s Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 starts from $159,990 with local re-manufacturing having just commenced at HSV’s new production facility in Clayton South, Victoria.
Recommended Retail Pricing ($NZ)
Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 (6-speed manual transmission): $173,990
N.B. Model pricing quoted is Recommended Retail Pricing and includes GST but excludes Dealer Delivery and Statutory Charges.
10-speed automatic transmission: $2,000
Metallic Paint (Crush/Garnet Red Tintcoat): $1,000